- Dollar Sweets (est. in 1947) is a Melbourne based and family owned manufacturer of confectionery and cake decorating products, that supplies products to all major grocery outlets, food service wholesalers and other major Australian manufacturers.
- With the hugely popular 100s & 1000s being one of its hero products, it made sense for Dollar Sweets to acquire the rights to Fairy Bread Day in 2020 – an annual charity (est. in 2014) that was launched as a joke between two mates, and celebrates Australia’s love for fairy bread.
- UMM was to create brand personality and awareness for both Fairy Bread Day and Dollar Sweets in its foundational year in 2020.
- UMM executed an integrated social, influencer and media campaign that played upon the nostalgia of Fairy Bread for all Australians.
- This kicked off with establishing a partnership between Dollar Sweets and ReachOut (Australia’s leading digital mental health service for our youth), alongside creating a new brand identity for the cause and accompanying website.
- UMM managed the Facebook and Instagram brand pages, pre-during-post event, as well as created an official event page to harness the power of this extremely passionate and far reaching community, which comprised of people in remote boats off the west coast of Australia to the Nepean Hospital in Penrith, and expats around the world.
- UMM gifted Fairy Bread Packs to 50 Australian influencers across lifestyle, food, parenting, education, health and wellness sectors, as well as ReachOut Youth ambassadors and allies/advocates in Parliament.
- The foundational year was a huge success generating a social reach of 2.46M, +200 pieces of UGC, influencer reach of 5.78M with 196 hits and a media reach of 12.55M across 82 pieces of media over 1.5 months.
A total of $26,412.06 was raised for ReachOut, including $6,432.26 from the public, as well as $19,979.80 that was made up from 10c from every sale of Dollar Sweets 100’s & 1000’s in November.