- PAX Australia is the biggest gaming expo in the Southern Hemisphere. Taking place over three days, the event celebrates the latest in gaming with panels, an expo hall filled with publishers and independent studios, game demos, musical performances and tournaments. It is pivotal for the Australian gaming community.
- After a two-year hiatus due to COVID-19, PAX Australia returned to Melbourne, and so did the gaming community.
- With a reduced number of exhibitors compared to previous years, all eyes were on the brands that committed to the convention.
- UMM was tasked with generating awareness and excitement around Logitech G’s presence at PAX.
- UMM was responsible for overseeing and coordinating Logitech G’s activities during the weekend, which included influencer appearances, fan meet-and-greets, and giveaways, ensuring the smooth and successful execution of the expo activation.
- UMM devised a communications strategy that sought to magnify Logitech G’s presence at PAX, both in the lead-up, during and post the event.
- Taking advantage of the prime physical position amidst the Australian gaming community, the plan of action was to liken the brand presence to that of a music festival by creating Logi G Fest.
- We set about designing exciting and shareable creative to promote Logitech G’s presence at the event, reminiscent of a festival poster.
- Utilising existing brand relationships with ambassadors, affiliates and the gaming community, we sought to amplify Logitech G’s new product range in an interactive capacity.
WHAT DID WE DO
- Featuring Logitech G’s recently launched products as the ‘headliners’ of ‘Logi G Fest’, alongside our headline talent and ambassadors; Stephanie Bendixsen, Fasffy and Rowan Crothers, the campaign ran pre, during and post-event across brand social and influencer networks.
- Over a short one-month period (27/09 – 27/10) Logi G Fest highlighted our headliners, gave fans the opportunity to win prizes, profiled our affiliates and esports teams, covered activities on the day and wrapped things up with a gallery and official aftermovie.
- To engage with the avid gaming community attending PAX and keep the Logitech G stand dynamic over the three days, we hosted a range of activities at the booth, bringing on friends of the brand to participate and interact with the crowds.
- UMM scheduled and coordinated Logitech G’s three ambassadors to attend and compete in interactive ‘Ambassador vs Community’ games, host meet and greet sessions with fans, create vox pop style interviews as well as host a one-hour live stream from the streaming booth at the stand.
- UMM organised for three Logitech G affiliates, Ally Pacor, Sarah Pike and Samuel Mitchell to partake in a Logitech for Creators panel themed around the Latest in Streaming Tech. The panel effectively allowed both friends of the brand as well as brand representative, John Paterson, to engage in interesting conversations around the newest streaming gear. Our affiliates on the panel also took part in live-streaming sessions at the stand, along with eight other Logitech G affiliates over the three days.
- Engaging in the community challenges, we brought in a selection of individuals to battle attendees from Logitech G’s coveted eSport teams, Ground Zero Gaming, Altus eSports, Mindfreak and Point Blank.
- In the lead-up to PAX, on ground and following the event, our influencer activity generated 91 individual posts across Twitch, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok and Youtube, with a total influencer following of 692.5K. With multiple posts from our friends of the brand, the campaign reached an audience of 1.05 million, garnered 44.15K engagements and a strong engagement rate of 6.4%.
- Our supporting brand social media activities generated 751K reach, 1.15M impressions and 108K engagements, leaving us with an engagement rate of 10.01% across the campaign.
The content strategy and planning across teams, influencers and photographers this year further cemented Logitech G as an aspirational brand within the streaming community and solidifies the relationship between Logitech G and critical figures in the Australian gaming community.
In the market for a creative comms solution? You’re in the right place.
Click here to get in touch with our team.