- Owned by ACCO Brands, Northfork is an Australian chemical manufacturing company servicing both the commercial and residential markets (B2B + B2C).
- From food service hygiene to housekeeping and washroom, personal hand care and laundry washing products, Northfork has traditionally relied on industry cleaning shows and publications to promote its product range.
- Northfork has a range of GECA certified products. GECA certification means that it has passed the rigorous environmental standards set by ‘Good Environmental Choice Australia’.
- UMM was tasked to increase product awareness for the Northfork brand across Australia through a social campaign.
- The brief was to promote the proudly Australian-made and quality-driven range for commercial applications.
- Honing in on the Northfork GECA Range, our strategy was to champion the environmentally friendly range as the hero of the campaign. From creative and copy to sound design, we drew upon elements from nature to drive home the benefits of a sustainable cleaning alternative, putting the call out to the business community to be informed on responsible cleaning choices.
- We focused on educating our audience on what GECA certification means, pushing the message of ‘Clean Up Your Act with Northfork’.
- A key part of our strategy was to target businesses first, but also inform employees who could put bottom-up pressure on the company they work for to switch to a more sustainable cleaning solution.
- As the brand’s first dedicated campaign on social media, our audience strategy consisted of advertising a suite of content towards four interest-based audiences across healthcare, education, enterprise and administration.
WHAT DID WE DO
- Coming to life on Facebook and Instagram, we designed a series of social media assets (statics + videos) in-house to help build brand recognition and cement Northfork as a market leader. The campaign was rolled out over a six-week period (30/01/2023 – 13/03/2023), with traffic directed to the key retailers of the GECA Range (Officeworks and Amazon).
- The campaign centred around three key pillars, building upon the Clean Up Your Act tagline.
1. GECA Education: Raising awareness for the GECA certification and why businesses should switch to products with its certification.
2. Sustainability: Making people question the place of sustainability policies in the workplace.
3. Green Alternative: Educating the working public on the availability of environmentally friendly alternatives to their everyday office cleaning products.
- The campaign amassed 1.8M impressions, 430K reach, 298K engagements and 13K total link clicks to Amazon and Officeworks whilst averaging an engagement rate of 3.56% (excluding video views). Alongside this, we generated 2,289 reactions, comments and shares across the suite of campaign content.
- The campaign also acted to strengthen the relationship between Northfork and GECA themselves, with GECA publishing a case study on the brand on their website.
In the market for a creative comms solution? You’re in the right place. Click here to get in touch with our team.