- Logitech G is committed to ‘Advancing Play For All’ and is recognising the changing face of the community through new female-focused product lines.
- The brand is rethinking the G product experiences, so now we have to shift how we tell stories about them.
- Logitech G approached UMM to execute the launch campaign for the Aurora Collection in ANZ.
- Tapping into the rapidly-emerging female gamer demographic, our approach was to embody Logitech G’s commitment to inclusivity through a physical activation alongside a supporting integrated PR, social media and influencer campaign.
- With the world confidently open for business following a long stint of cancelled events and social distancing, it was the perfect opportunity for Logitech G to return to in-person events.
WHAT DID WE DO
- Australia introduced the Aurora Collection to the market via a pop-up experience in Surry Hills, Sydney. Creating an inclusive gaming space for positive play, we gave consumers, media and creators alike the chance to be able to get a hands-on experience with the new collection.
- Establishing a partnership with the globally recognised make-up brand, Maybelline New York, the Positive Pop-Up brought gaming and makeup together to create a space where everyone was welcome to socialise, receive a mini makeover and try out the all-new Aurora Collection. The experience was available for walk-ins and bookings via a social/digital campaign.
- The alignment with Maybelline was a cohesive fit for Logitech G due to their existing relationship with one of Logitech G’s ambassadors, Fasffy as well as the brand’s ambitions to work with Logitech G on further activations in 2023.
- Styled in the theme of Aurora, the space was an Instagramable hotspot for influencers, media and the general public to revel in their love of gaming, and celebrate Positive Play.
- Alongside the physical activation, UMM organised an NDA product briefing session between the global Logitech G team and four key female tech journalists. UMM also released multiple media alerts to esteemed marketing and tech industry press about the pop-up, pushing the story of a ‘New Age of Play’.
- Prior to the pop-up, 16 influencers were seeded with a curated Aurora Buzzkit, which featured the Aurora Collection products and accessories, a pronoun pin, cookies, and an Oodie, with the goal to generate awareness and excitement for the launch amongst the community.
- The Positive Pop-Up allowed UMM to establish a powerful brand partnership between Maybelline New York and Logitech G, enabling the brand to reach new and engaged audiences.
- Throughout the course of our launch activities and during the activation, UMM secured a total of 42 media runs with a total reach of 35,912,142.
- Brand affiliates and influencers created a mix of high-quality content in both attending the pop-up and in their home setups. The influencer campaign had a total audience of 2,501,247 and 515,042 engagements with a strong overall engagement rate of 20.59%.
- On local Logitech G Facebook and Twitter channels, we achieved a reach of 895K users, generating 1.4M impressions and 97K engagements.
- Besides the enormous support from media and influencers with the Aurora launch overall, the intimate pop-up also demonstrated how the gaming community has embraced this collection and the meaning behind it. The space was booked out within three hours, with the same result when extended another day. There were approximately 140 guests over the three days, with a waiting list of 200 people.
“UMM presented the idea of a pop-up experience zone and partnering with global cosmetic brand, Maybelline New York. The attention to detail at the pop-up was unbelievable, the team at UMM were able to incorporate so many elements of our marketing creative and key visuals into a bespoke and intimate experience like no other. The response from the community was overwhelmingly positive with requests to host more around Australia and New Zealand.”