Long standing client Monteith’s Crushed Cider approached us with a bigger, wider and more complex brief than ever before for it’s peak sales period of the year – October – January.
The UMM Social Media Team were presented with the following brief:
- Create a campaign with nationwide reach, appeal and accessibility to cider drinkers.
- Create mass awareness and brand reach of the unique Monteith’s brand personality.
- Create brand conversations and user generated brand content that would go “viral”.
- Attract new drinkers to the (now) relatively saturated cider product category.
- Migrate existing cider drinkers into drinking the original crushed cider – Monteith’s.
- Support Monteith’s retailers (bars) spread all across Australia, with hubs in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide.
- Grow the Facebook and Instagram communities.
- Create product and related brand alliances.
- Work within a limited budget.
- Work within a tight setup period.
In response to the brief and after comprehensive research, brainstorming and ideation the team locked the following campaign:
— Monteith’s 100 Club —
An Instagram and Facebook campaign searching for the top 100 cider drinking spots in Australia, suggested by our online community and ultimately crowned by Monteith’s.
UMM would source 100 prizes including a luxury holiday to the home of Monteith’s – New Zealand, which would be awarded by Monteith’s to the best entries. To build momentum, 5 of the best entries would be awarded weekly until the end of the campaign.
UMM’s activities included: conceptualisation, branding, digital design and development, online ad management, Facebook application conceptualisation, design, development and hosting, Facebook and Instagram content development and management, activation conceptualisation, retailer relations, prize management and distribution.