THE SITUATION / BRIEF
- TruSens are innovators in the clean air space, making Air Purifiers and Humidifiers for a range of home, business and corporate uses.
- Trusens is owned by ACCO Brands; an American multinational company who are one of the world’s largest designers, manufacturers, and marketers of premium business, technology, academic, and consumer products including the likes of Artline, Spirax and Stabilo.
- UMM was initially engaged by Trusens in early 2019 to introduce their air purifiers to the Australian market. Since then we have been tasked with seven unique campaigns (both B2C and B2B), working with the brand from it’s inception, witnessing rapid growth and transforming it into a household name within the appliance industry.
- Educate and increase awareness of the benefits of air purifiers. Understanding of air quality and air quality index, while considered in other regions around the world, was lower in Australia.
- Humanise and localise the brand for an Australian audience through adapting tone of voice.
- Stay on the pulse with events that effect consumer behaviour engaging both a reactive and proactive approach to comms.
- Build and sustain the trust of both consumers and business decision makers by harnessing trusted voices from both the science and health sphere, as well as micro bloggers.
WHAT DID WE DO
- Laying the foundations in year one, we assisted Trusens in achieving distribution in a number of leading retailers. In this year we educated and created mass awareness through Digital, Social, Influencer and PR. Head here to read more about our inaugural activities.
- In both our B2C and B2B campaign efforts, we actively captured evolving concerns regarding air quality and health in Australia with both the 2019-2020 bush fires and of course, the pandemic.
- From a PR perspective, UMM sought out gift guide placement, product review and relevant trend story opportunities among lifestyle and tech media, positioning TruSens as the must-have home and office appliance to improve indoor air quality.
- We strategically collaborated with a number of influencers over our time with Trusens, in both a seeding, paid and content generation capacity. From micro to macro influencers, the talent enabled us to create authentic and aesthetic content for their own channels and to be repurposed by the brand. The influencer content also allowed us to humanise and localise TruSens.
- Through our efforts on social media, we generated awareness and engagement for TruSens pushing out educational and aspirational content to a health conscious audience. We activated a series of traffic driving campaigns to key consumer retailers (such as JB Hi-Fi, Baby Bunting, and Bing Lee), retargeting those who expressed interest in the content.
- Working with TruSens over the past four years, we have effectively executed a number of B2B and B2C campaigns, successfully positioning TruSens as the market leader in the highly competitive air purifier space (with + 40 brands competing in this space). This has created end consumer demand and conversion, as well as driving new distributors.
- Between 2021-2022, “B2B sales have increased 1,000% sales versus the same period last year.” — Ben Antecki, Brand Manager, TruSens.
- Through our 2022 B2B PR efforts, we amassed a total of 36 paid and earned media runs with a total reach of 3.55M, with key highlights featuring in Better Homes & Gardens, Sydney Morning Herald and The Age, as well as Finder.com’s product round-up, featuring the best air purifiers on the market.
“We engaged UMM at the beginning of 2019 to launch TruSens, a new brand of air purifiers. The team were great to work with and created an “outside the box” integrated PR, Influencer, Content + Social campaign that helped to build the brand, and ultimately assist our main objective which was to get national distribution which we did by EOY with JB Hi-Fi and Baby Bunting.”
Peter Huynh, Brand Manager (2019-2021), Trusens
In the market for a creative comms solution? You’re in the right place. Click here to get in touch with our team.